Gross Floor Area: 4,596 m2 (49,475 sq. ft.)
Goal: LEED® NC Silver
LEED EAp1 and EAc3 Commissioning including:
- Pre-construction document reviews
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
- Authoring of the re-commissioning manual
The King Edward Arts Hub & Incubator will transform a 100 year-old sandstone school into a modern hub for creativity. The Arts Hub will feature three distinct areas: the Creative Commons for production, rehearsal and creative spaces; the Learning Commons, home to workshop spaces, meeting rooms and business services; and the Community Commons, featuring outdoor spaces for open air events.
High-efficiency boilers, demand-controlled ventilation, photovoltaic cells and low flow plumbing fixtures are but a few of the sustainable and energy-efficient tools incorporated into the centre.