Gross Floor Area (expansion): 8,268m2 (89,000 sq. ft.)
Goal: LEED® NC Silver
LEED EAp1 and EAc3 Commissioning including:
- Pre-construction document reviews
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
- Authoring of the re-commissioning manual
DescriptionThe South Fish Creek Arena expansion project consists of two new ice rinks complete with new change rooms that service both rinks. The project also included a new entrance space, administration area, community spaces, a shell space for future tenants, and a concession area.
On site hydronics included high-efficiency boilers and a new ice plant with snow melt and preheat options for domestic water use. The rinks were also fitted with new ventilation systems including heat recovery air-handling units, and a dehumidification unit.
Sports & Recreation