Gross Floor Area: 12,752 m2 (137,260 sq. ft.)
Total $38 Million (est.)
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- DDC and BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
DescriptionLocated in Southeast Calgary, the Providence Care Centre project is a not-for-profit three-story, 160 studio suite continuing care centre. It offers both supportive living and long term care services. Four site neighbourhoods are connected by common living areas (lounges, dining rooms, recreation rooms, library, gift shop and a bistro) for the purpose of creating a sense of community, home living, and belonging.
Providence Care Centre shall be owned by the Sisters of Charity of Providence of Western Canada and operated by the Father Albert Lacombe Home (Society).
High-efficiency boilers with variable speed pumping and dedicated outdoor air systems with heat recovery are just two of several sustainable and energy efficient measures incorporated into the building.
Construction Manager: Bird Construction
Construction Start: Fall 2013
146 Avenue SE - Calgary, Alberta