Gross Floor Area: 5,590 m2 (60,170 sq. ft.)
Construction Cost: Total $34 Million
Goal: LEED® NC Silver
LEED EAp1 & EAc3 Commissioning including:
- Pre-construction document reviews
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
- Authoring of the re-commissioning manual
The two-phase project includes the construction of a new 60-bed, long-term care facility that will replace the beds at the existing Dr. Cooke Extended Care facility The new facility will consist of three cottage wings, creating a greater feel of community in the centre.
High-efficiency boilers; and variable-speed, demand-controlled ventilation are two of the numerous sustainable and energy-efficient tools incorporated in the facility.
Pentagon Structures, Tel: 780.436.1525