Gross Floor Area: 2,200 m2 (19,000 sq. ft.)
Goal: LEED NC Silver
LEED EAp1 and EAc3 Commissioning including:
- Pre-construction document reviews
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
- Authoring of the re-commissioning manual
The expansion of the Kootenay Centre will create four additional, hi-tech classrooms; a student lounge; a suite of lower-level offices; a new reception area; and a grand foyer space on the main level that will serve as the main entrance, student lounge, and gathering space.
Included in the addition is an upgrade to the existing heating and cooling plant, including high-efficiency boilers.