Gross Floor Area: 8,767 m2 (94,367 sq. ft.)
Goal: LEED® NC Gold
LEED EAp1 and EAc3 Commissioning including:
- Pre-construction document reviews
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
- Authoring of the re-commissioning manual
DescriptionThe Bella Concert Hall and Conservatory of Music is a three-storey building that features a 750-seat concert hall, a multi-purpose performing and rehearsal space, teaching studios, ensemble studios, and administration and support spaces. The building will form part of Mount Royal University’s curriculum and also be available for rent to the community.
High-efficiency boilers, chillers, chilled-beam and displacement ventilation provide heating, cooling and ventilation for the hall. Rainwater collectors for irrigation use and low-flow toilets are a few of the sustainable and energy-efficient tools incorporated into the building.
Arts & Entertainment, Featured Projects