Gross Floor Area: 6,612 m2 (71,171 sq. ft.)
Goal: LEED® NC 2009 Silver
LEED EAp1 & EAc3 Commissioning including:
- Pre-construction document reviews
- Contractor submission reviews
- Witnessing of selected mechanical and electrical tests
- BAS system verification
- Performance testing of HVAC systems
- Mechanical and electrical training coordination and video taping of sessions
- Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems
- Authoring of the re-commissioning manual
DescriptionThe Acheson Centre is an industrial building located in Acheson, Alberta. It was first developed as a meat packing plant; however, the owner never completed the original project.
The Alberta Government purchased the structure and redeveloped it as a storage and collections facility. The building’s HVAC systems are being designed to maintain stringent temperature and humidity conditions. The facility opened in mid-2012.